Do you intend to have spray foam insulation installed in your Ottawa house? You have probably seen several different types of insulation for your residence. Spray foam insulation is technically among the most developed insulation solutions offered to Ottawa homeowners. Spray foam insulation is particularly dependable since it offers many inches of thickness that naturally match the structure of your house. All homes and businesses demand sufficient insulation for pleasant hot and cold weather.
Spray Foam Insulation
Spray foam insulation is a synthetic material made up of two ingredients: isocyanate and polyol resin. Whenever these two compounds are combined, the resulting mixture can spread outward up to 30 to 60 times the initial concentration. Aside from its ability to insulate, it also provides an impenetrable barrier within the building, ensuring that no air may enter or depart.
Spray foam insulation, as the title implies, is originally a fluid foam that is sprayed into a location and hardens into more insulating material. It can be used for the insulation of your rooftop, attic, ceilings, and flooring, among other things. It is being used for over 30 years and is becoming increasingly popular as a suitable insulator.
Spray foam insulation can be open cell or closed cell. Although both composites form an air seal, certain distinctions may be important for your design. Let’s explore.
- Spray Foam Insulation with Open Cells
open-cell spray foam insulation is put to open spaces in any construction area. In an existing building, new place, or pole farm, open-cell insulation provides an air seal and uninterrupted insulation. This kind of spray foam insulation is lightweight and malleable, with the potential to scale up to 100 times to occupy every corner where it is placed.
- Spray Foam Insulation with Closed Cells
Closed-cell spray foam is a material that is sprayed on to form an air barrier and constant insulation. The vacant spaces of residential properties, new condos, pole barns, and commercial structures are filled with closed-cell spray foam. While experts don’t normally suggest closed-cell for residences, there are times when it is a wise choice than open cell, specifically if the construction is small.
The Advantages of Spray Foam Insulation
- Moisture and dampness can lead to mold growth and water damage, which spray foam insulation protects against.
- External noise is minimized because there are no gaps or cracks. This is due to the previously discussed sealed cellular structure. This function makes your home more tranquil and private.
- In the grand scheme of things, the degree of insulation produced by spray foam allows you to secure a significant amount of money on resources. This directly benefits the environment by lowering your reliance on conditioning systems.
- This product is suitable both for indoor and outdoor applications. It offers greater creative freedom while maximizing internal space.
- Many people are unaware that spray foam, which is formed of super-strong sticky elements, can assist add strength to your architecture, particularly in locations where diverse concrete structures connect.
Spray foam rarely settles, and you must not either. Choose spray foam experts who get the job done perfectly the first time. Ottawa Insulation has been installing high-quality insulation in the Ottawa area for many years, and we completely understand what to do correctly. We provide both open-cell spray foam and closed-cell spray foam kinds of foam insulation for buildings.
Get your Free Estimate today.