If you’ve been deep-diving into insulation for your home or business, then you’ve likely heard of spray foam insulation. However, if you’re completely unfamiliar with this type of insulation, then never fear. We’re going to explain it all so you know exactly what this insulation option is for your home.
What is spray foam insulation?
Spray foam insulation, which is sprayed into position before setting into an insulating layer, is a liquid foam. You can use spray foam insulation in just about any part of your home to effectively insulate and stop air leakage.
You’ve got two kinds; closed-cell and open-cell spray foam.
A closed cell is when the spray foam sets into a more rigid and solid-state. This helps with the structural support of your property. Closed cell spray foam insulation tends to work better than open cell spray foam when it comes to insulation. This is because it contains a lot of separate gas pockets, which slow down the movement of heat. An important note is to make sure your room is well ventilated to avoid condensation buildup.
Open cell spray foam insulation is less dense once it’s set, which means you’ll need to install thicker layers to get the same level of insulation as closed cell spray foam. Open cell is more commonly used as sound insulation because it blocks and reduces airflow. There’s less of a concern with condensation build-up because it allows more moisture to pass through.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
There are numerous benefits when it comes to spray foam insulation. Here are some of the most notable reasons;
- Moisture deterrent – with so many ways for water to sneak into the structure of your home. Insulation reduces the likelihood of substantial water entering your home through cracks, around pipes, and other openings, therefore, avoiding rotting and decay.
- Improved comfort – with a better temperature regulation comes enhanced comfort within your home.
- Improved indoor air quality – with reduced allergens like mildew, pollen, mold, and dust, you’re improving the overall quality of the air in your home.
- Quick and easy to install – this insulation is a lot easier to install than more traditional options. Our company offers spray foam insulation contractors Ottawa style, which is code for the best contractors around.
- Environmentally friendly – considering you’re consuming less electricity and it’s one of the less harmful insulation materials, spray foam is a good choice if you’re looking to go a bit greener.
- Durable – spray foam insulation lasts a long time in comparison to other insulation methods.
- Additional support for your home – if your house needs a little extra support, then this is beneficial in not only the fight against drafts in order to maintain temperatures but also as additional support within the walls.
- Suppresses sounds from beyond the walls of your home – no longer will the neighbor’s kids drum set get in the way of a peaceful night at home.
- Save you money in the long run – with less energy consumption needed to cool and maintain the temperature in your home, you’ll be able to save a lot of money.
Are you looking to make a move and get your home correctly insulated? Then, don’t waste any more time! We’ve got some of the best spray foam insulation contractors Ottawa has to offer! Go to our website and get in touch with us about a free estimate. Ottawa Insulation is ready to chat with you about your basement ambitions.